The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is looking for an experienced Programme and Operations Coordinator (POC) within for the Division of Africa and Americas in International Department to focus on programme support, grants management, operational compliance and risk management for East Africa and Colombia. The position requires full proficiency in English and proficiency in Spanish.
DRC offers a challenging position in an international and dynamic work environment to experienced and dedicated professionals committed to continue his/her career with a leading international humanitarian organisation committed to the protection of forced displaced people in conflict zones world-wide.
Who is Danish Refugee Council
DRC is Denmark’s largest international non-governmental organisation. We work with humanitarian and development activities to ensure a dignified life for refugees, the displaced, and displacement-affected people and communities in more than 35 countries.
We focus our assistance on the entire displacement process: from the moment a crisis first emerges and displaces people internally in their home countries or across borders, to these people’s life in camps, to their arrival in a foreign country, and ultimately to the process of rebuilding a normal life, either through voluntary return, local integration or resettlement.
Main tasks and responsibilities
The POC is overall responsible for providing and mobilising HQ support to country operations and regional office hosted within the Division in general and to East Africa / Great Lakes and Columbia in particular. The POC operates under the raison d’etre of the operational Divisions by which he/she support the HoD to provide management and leadership to the DRC & DDG operations globally, and in particular to promote and ensure operational compliance and development, and to promote a global execution of new policies and standards.
The POC takes a proactive and supporting approach in helping to ensure that the programmes operate in compliance with standards, guidelines and commitments, and that relevant priorities and strategic objectives are pursued. As well as support is mobilised
- Promote and help ensuring that communication with donors in particular related to grants is timely, compliant and characterised by high quality;
- Organisational risks are systematically and comprehensively identified as well as properly managed;
- Oversee the annual cycle and related processes and tools are applied in the local context;
- Maintain overall knowledge as to what happens in the Country Operations of his/her focus allowing him/her to respond in general terms to internal and external country specific inquiries.
- Constitute the contextualising link between HQ and field that helps translate and apply global policies and procedures to the operational context of his/her geographical responsibility and vis a versa.
- Engage in various workgroups and strategic initiatives at HQ levels and in particular where the operational and contextual perspective is required and/or Operations are lead or co-lead.
For more information, please refer to the attached Terms of reference and on DRCs homepage.
The successful candidate will be part of the Division for Africa and Americas consisting of 10 colleagues working with the 18 country operations and three regions in Africa as well as DRCs operation in Colombia. The POC will travel 3-5 time a year.
Profile and qualifications
You are a flexible and team-oriented colleague able to handle – at times – intense work pressure, tight deadlines and ad hoc demands. Towards the field, you have a service-minded approach and you are keen to build strong working relations, while at the same time being pro-active and persistent in our shared pursuit for high level of quality and compliance. Your experience allows you to take initiative and operate with a high degree of independence.
- Relevant and qualifying educational background.
- At least 3 years of full-time employment applying tasks related to the above.
- At least 5 years of experience within the international humanitarian sphere preferable from both HQ and field employments.
- Strong writing credentials and experience in reviewing proposals and reports.
- Full professional proficiency in English. Ability to write, read and speak Spanish fluently.
- Experience in developing and applying tools and systems.
- Systematic and analytical approach with a high degree of attention to details.
- Good command and interest in reviewing financial data and compliance. A certain analytical capacity within Finance and risk management in general an advantage.
- Ability to plan, co-ordinate and lead processes that include multiple stakeholder and interests.
- Fluency in French is an advantage.
Salary terms are in accordance with the agreement between DRC and AC. DRC offer a permanent contract with starting date on January 1, 2019.
For more information, please refer to the Terms of Reference and on DRCs homepage. Please note that due to an organisational restructuring, changes to the ToR might occur.
Further information about the position can be obtained by contacting POC, Lea Balskilde on 3373 5373, POC, Mikkel Jensen on 3373 5289 or Head of Division, Christian Jacob Hansen on +45 3373 5036.
Application and CV
Please apply online via HR Manager. www.drc.dk > Vacancies > Current vacancies > Programmes and Operations Co-ordinator. Please submit your application in English no later than November 21, 2019.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
To apply for this job please visit candidate.hr-manager.net.