Danish Red Cross (DRC) is seeking a strong humanitarian finance professional to oversee the financial management of DRC’s projects in Africa
The role involves proactively providing guidance, assistance and quality assurance of budgeting, financial reporting, preparation of financial statements for audit and ongoing review and revision of financial procedures, to ensure a reliable, standardised and transparent financial management of DRC’s international programmes / projects in Africa.
Currently DRC is engaged in 14 countries in East, Southern and West Africa with annual expenditure of approximately DKK 140 million and 35 international staff (delegates). In these countries DRC supports the Red Cross/Red Crescent (RCRC) National Societies (NS) with interventions in the fields of emergency relief, resilience, migration, health, Psychosocial Support (PS), and National Society Development (OD).
The International Finance Officer will actively support the strengthening of finance systems, procedures and capacities in the country offices of Africa. S/he will work closely with the Regional Finance Manager and regional and country Finance Delegates / Officers in Africa, as well as relevant staff in the International Department, to enhance the financial management and oversight of DRC’s projects in Africa.
- Provide financial oversight and quality assurance of project budgeting and reporting from initiation to closure in accordance with DRC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and donor guidelines.
- Provide technical support and advice to the Africa Regional and Country Finance Managers / Officers on funds management, accounting, budgeting, reporting and audits of projects.
- Support and advise Country Offices to ensure their understanding and compliance on major donor (e.g. EU DEVCO, ECHO, Danida etc) financial guidelines and requirements.
- Conduct regular visits to Country Offices to monitor finance management practices /standards and to identify and facilitate improvements to financial structures, systems (i.e. AX09) and procedures.
- Provide financial management information/reports/services to the International Department units, ie. Secretariat, Disaster Management, Programmes / Portfolio, Partnerships and Compliance
Experience and Qualifications
- Relevant educational background and a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in finance management and humanitarian programming.
- Strong technical knowledge and experience in facilitating, supporting, monitoring and supervising activity plans, budgets and financial tasks.
- Experience with EU/ECHO/DANIDA/DFID specific funding, implementation and reporting procedures.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office and with ERP systems (accounting software).
- Fluency in Danish and English speaking and writing and preferably some French language proficiency.
- Legal residence and work permit in Denmark
- Interest in and willingness to travel to Africa country offices
Open ended contract with standard conditions according to Danish labour laws.
The position is located at DRC HQ in Copenhagen, Denmark with a travel requirement of 30% to DRC Africa country officers / programmes. The salary including all allowances and pension will be between DKK 37.800 and 43.300, depending on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Click here for job description. For further details you may contact Head of International Finance, Charles Northam, on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +45 2018 9456
How to apply
Click on Send Application below and send your written motivation letter in English and upload your CV, after creating a profile.
Deadline for application: Friday 16 November 2018.
Interviews are expected in weeks 47 and 48. Start as soon as possible – December 2018 / January 2019.
Your future workplace
The Red Cross is always present. We save lives every day, and we equip people with the tools they need to get through crises and disasters. In Denmark, we create communities and help vulnerable people in society lead safe and healthy lives.
We help people on both sides of a conflict and in the remotest corners of the world, regardless of their religion, race or political views.
We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization with 17 million volunteers in 191 countries. We are part of your local community no matter where you live. With your help, we can be wherever we are needed, always.
To apply for this job please visit drk.easycruit.com.