Would you like to be part of a unique and ambitious professional environment within offshore wind? This is an exciting opportunity for experienced structural engineers to help us implement and achieve our ambitious goals for growth within the market for design of foundations for offshore wind turbines.
COWI holds a very strong competitive position in the offshore wind market with experience from design of monopile, jacket and gravity-based foundations in Europe, North America and Asia. Our ambition is to strengthen our position in the market even further and to accelerate our growth.
COWI has won several significant contracts lately within the design of WTG foundations for Offshore Wind. We are recruiting a number of engineers to meet the growing demand for our services.
Our offshore wind organisation employs more than 75 dedicated specialists and project managers, covering all main design services. We are part of COWI’s major business line – Bridge, Tunnel and Marine (BTM) and work in a highly international environment with projects all over the world from offices in Denmark, Germany, Norway, UK, North America, Middle East and South East Asia.
COWI is recruiting several engineers to carry out structural design of WTG foundations for Offshore Wind in general. It is preferable with experience from structural design of foundations for offshore wind turbines and/or offshore substations during all project phases, from conceptual design to detailed design.
You may choose freely to be based on local terms and conditions in one of our offices in Aarhus, Aalborg or Lyngby in Denmark, Oslo in Norway or Hamburg Germany.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Detail design of offshore steel structures for offshore wind
- Providing technical leadership to projects
- Developing design methodologies and contributing to knowledge sharing
- Assisting in the development of conceptual design and producing engineering designs and details in accordance with project requirements
- Preparation of high quality calculations, written reports and checking of drawings
- Contribution to COWI’s technical development in competence groups.
- You hold a M.Sc. or PhD in structural engineering
- You have more than 3 years of specific experience with steel and/or concrete design for offshore wind
- You have experience with structural dynamics, numerical analysis and load assessments
- You have international working experience
- You have excellent communication skills in English (oral and written)
- You are able to maintain an overview in a complex environment
- You are able to integrate with people in combination with high level of knowledge
- You are able to work across disciplines and to manage cultural differences
- You thrive in a busy and challenging environment
Reporting to the Head of Section for Offshore Wind Foundations, you will be fully responsible for providing technical input and leadership to a range of offshore wind projects around the world.
The role may require international travel nominally on a short-term basis between other COWI offices in Europe and worldwide or working from client/project offices.
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
For further information, please feel free to contact:
Francis Kjærsgaard, Head of section
Remuneration & Benefits:
COWI is an equal opportunities employer and we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and hard work and we have designed a benefits package that we feel will suit all of our team. You will receive a basic salary that will match your skills, experience and requirements, coupled with a range of flexible employee benefits that you would expect from a leading regional employer.
Further we offer continued technical and personal development through participation in our formalized internal technical networks, training through the COWI Academy and conference participation.
You will be part of a world leading company within offshore wind with highly skilled colleagues and an inspiring team spirit.
To apply for this job please visit www.cowi.dk.