Do you want to work in a leading international humanitarian organization? An organization committed to make the Sustainable Development Goals an integrated part of its strategy and ensure that displacement affected people are not left behind? Then this position might be for you.
Who are we?
DRC is Denmark’s largest international non-governmental organisation. We work with humanitarian and development activities to ensure a dignified life for refugees, displaced, and displacement-affected people and communities in 40 countries.
We focus our assistance on the entire displacement cycle: from the moment a crisis emerges and displaces people internally in their home countries or across borders, to these people’s life in camps, to their arrival in a foreign country, and ultimately to the process of rebuilding a normal life, either through voluntary return, local integration or resettlement.
About the job
The SDG Officer position is central in DRC’s ambition of enhancing its sustainability impact, and integrating the SDGs more forcefully into its strategy, with a focus on ensuring that the situation of displacement affected people is documented, monitored and acted upon.
The SDG Officer will provide day-to-day leadership on DRC’s engagement with the SDGs and will engage with colleagues to support and inspire the sustainability work across the organization. A roadmap for action is already defined which the SDG Officer will facilitate the implementation of.
The position will further be supporting other work areas of the General Secretariat such as contributing to organizational change and strategy processes, support to the Executive Committee, and handling day-to-day tasks related to the work of DRC’s Secretary General.
- Serve as Project Lead on the implementation of DRC’s SDG Project.Work streams include:
- Support DRC departments to best integrate the SDGs into strategic frameworks and day-to-day practices.
- Contribute to DRC’s 2022 strategy process with a focus on integrating the SDGs.
- Draft inputs to technical papers and new DRC policies related to sustainability and/or ensure that sustainability is better integrated into existing policies.Work is to be done in a consultative manner with internal stakeholders across the organization. The development of a DRC Climate Policy (SDG #13) will be among the first priorities.
Awareness raising and Communication
- Engage with relevant colleagues to develop communication material related to DRC’s work with the SDGs.
- Lead the writing of publications related to the DRC’s work with the SDGs including an annual flagship publication.
Learning and training
- Proactively ensure that best practices and lessons learnt on sustainability are shared within the organization
- Lead the development of SDG training material and make it available across the organization.
- Support the work of DRC’s General Secretariat and Executive Committee
- Support organizational development processes via contributing to strategic papers, planning/participating in meetings, etc.
- Support the work of DRC’s Executive Committee through planning/participation in meetings, sharing relevant communication with Exe Com. members and handle other ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Support the work of DRC’s Secretary General through preparing speeches and presentations and performing other duties as required, including administrative tasks.
- Support DRC’s strategic engagement with private sector partners
- Apply the SDGs to strengthen DRC’s shared value engagement business partners.
To be successful in this role we expect you to have concrete experience with sustainability and the Sustainable Development Goals, and some insight in organizational strategy processes. We expect that you are able to facilitate internal policy processes and have the skills and mindset required to engage constructively with stakeholders across the organization. All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with sustainability issues, preferably with SDGs, including SDGs 5, 13 and 16.
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis on sustainable development topics.
- Documentable ability to write up organizational policy papers, statements, etc.
- Strong communicative and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable abilities in engaging and establishing relationships with internal stakeholders across departments.
- University degree or equivalent within political science, business studies, international development studies or similar.
- Fluent written and spoken Danish and English.Desirable
- Previous working experience in an international NGO and/or experience with climate-induced displacement is considered an advantage
- Proficiency in French is considered ad advantage.
Contract length: 2 years
Work place: DRC HQs, Copenhagen
Start date: March 15 or as soon as possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with the agreement between DRC and AC (fuldmægtiglevel). This is a national position for which local terms and conditions apply.
Please note that you need to have the right to work in Denmark (through nationality or existing work visa) in order to be considered for this role.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV in English. Apply online on our page Current Vacancies at www.drc.ngo. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: March 1st, 2019. We expect to conduct interviews in the week starting March 3rd.
For questions regarding the vacancy please contact Anders Bech Tharsgaard/Head of Business Engagement Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org and +45 4076 2937.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
To apply for this job please visit candidate.hr-manager.net.