Who are we and what can you gain?
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Office of Information Management and Technology (OIMT) in Copenhagen is responsible for supporting UNDP Country Offices around the world with ICT and Green Energy solutions. Our vision is to develop smart UN facilities which are: Optimal and efficient, Efficient in management and Sustainable, implemented to build modern age UNDP facilities around the globe that are fully aligned with Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Our Unit offers a stimulating and versatile internship in an international environment with contact to various partners from some 166 countries with UNDP presence. We are a team who work in a dynamic and informal atmosphere, and we expect our interns to become vital members of the team.
As an intern, you will be given tasks and opportunities that have a direct global impact on the development efforts of the international community. The UNDP/OIMT internship programme enhances the academic life experience of passionate students as interns and empowers them to become socially responsible, innovative, and environmentally conscious leaders of tomorrow. We bridge the gap between textbook learning and real-time industry experience by providing interns with the opportunity to work with experienced mentors and supportive colleagues on real world technical challenges. This is done through access the most modern technologies that will also allow you to build strong knowledge about Microsoft applications and software technologies and flourish your leadership qualities. Being a part of our dynamic Unit, you will also gain worldwide connections with other top-talented interns and UN staff from other agencies; our office is located at the UN City in Copenhagen, giving you the opportunity to interact with people outside the UNDP OIMT unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your Responsibilities and assignments
- Deploy and support online collaboration tools and business process automation solutions for UNDP Country Office worldwide within our collaboration platform (Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365).
- Develop applications in Office 365 for collaboration and business processes to replace manual and paper-burdened processes with new and evolving cloud-based functions. Architect and build applications that employ PowerApps and Flow for mobile-enabled data entry, approvals, and reporting. Candidate business processes include fleet management (car and driver assignment), asset management, travel request, and other decision-making support tools.
- Support the gathering, consolidating, and analysing data for our tracking, analytics, and data visualization using Excel, Power BI, and other business intelligence tools. Also contribute innovative perspectives to improve our online reports and dashboards for internal management and customers.
- Provide insight, support, and guidance on enhancing concepts of digital workspace, including from perspectives of user interfaces/experience (UI/UX), information architecture (IA), and digital employee experience (DEX).
- Refine and continuously innovate (kaizen) our Service Delivery procedures, instructions and templates from best practice and then disseminate them through our practice community
Competencies and Attitudes of Best Candidate
· Has interest in developing sustainable ICT solutions for country offices, focusing on modern ICT innovations that enhances collaboration within UNDP and with our partners
· Has strong abilities in IT with an ability to translate technology to business users and to non-technical language
· Has interest and understanding of customer-oriented service delivery, with focus on innovative enterprise ICT solutions, collaboration, customer experience
· Has interest and motivation in working in an international organization
· Has good analytical skills in gathering and consolidating data for practical implementation
· Is a self-starter and initiative-taking person with a goal-oriented mind-set; good in organizing and structuring various tasks and responsibilities, effective when working in teams and independently
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
· Responds positively to feedback and differing points of view
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
Technical skills of best Candidate
· Has good knowledge of Microsoft cloud technologies (Office 365, SharePoint Online, Azure) and back office platform (SharePoint, SQL) and frameworks (.NET, PowerShell, etc.)
· Knowledge or experience with specific Office 365 tools (or their consumer equivalents) such as Planner (Trello), Teams (Slack), Yammer (Workplace by Facebook), OneDrive (DropBox, Google Drive), Power BI (Tableau), etc. is a distinct advantage
· Experience with relational databases (schemas, design) and XML is highly desirable
· Has experience and ability in using business intelligence tools, for example: gathering, consolidating and analysing data from databases and reports, manipulating data in Excel (Pivot Tables and queries), Power BI, etc.
· Experience and knowledge in at least one of the following SharePoint skillsets: site management, document management, and “app” development with InfoPath forms and Nintex Workflows is highly desirable
· Experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Webtrends, Matomo, etc.) is highly desirable
· Knowledge of HTML5, CSS, graphic design and web standards/best practices is highly desirable
· Knowledge of Nintex Workflows, PowerShell, .NET platform, and/or C# programming is an advantage
Applying your Skills Beyond ICT
· Promote a client service-oriented culture within the unit, connecting the new upcoming UNDP Digital Workspace strategy with current theories and practices in Design Thinking, Service Design, and Customer Experience.
· Explore and pilot alternative tools for enhancing internal communications and tracking, such as chatbots in MS Teams, decision-making assistance tools through various Office 365 tools (Flow, Forms, PowerApps, etc.), and information design (data visualization).
· Creatively develop and drive new projects for innovative collaboration and business process automation systems and tools to be disseminated to UNDP offices as best practice for improvement of operations and business efforts;
· Promote the OIMT’s overall ICT strategic framework and work plan pertaining to the minimum ICT standards, infrastructure, and connectivity dimensions. The OIMT Copenhagen unit is ISO 9001:2015 certified, our work is focused on high quality, continuous improvements, and customer satisfaction.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Pre-requisite for candidate (to be shown in CV)
- You must meet one of the following requirements:
- You are currently in the final year of your Bachelor’s degree; or
- You are currently enrolled in a Master’s degree; or
- You have graduated no longer than 1 year ago from a master’s degree or equivalent studies in the field of IT Technician/Software Developer;
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Knowledge of other UN languages is an advantage;
- Knowledge and a proficient user of Microsoft Office productivity tools;
- UNDP internship programme does not provide a salary or remuneration for the internship; however, you will gain valuable insight into UNDP and a global network;
- All the expenses connected with the internship will be borne by the intern, sponsoring Government or institution;
- UNDP accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship;
- The intern is responsible for obtaining necessary visas and arranging travel to and from the duty station where the internship will be performed;
- Interns are not eligible to apply for, or be appointed to, any post in UNDP during the period of the internship;
- The intern must provide proof of enrolment in health insurance plan;
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent UNDP in any official capacity;
- You are expected to work full-time, but flexibility is allowed for your education programme;
- Eligibility for residency and undertaking internship in Denmark;
- The intern will have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his/her own arrangements for internship, travel, visa, accommodation etc.
How to Apply?
Do not miss out on this opportunity to be a part of this international team and apply through the UNDP Jobs platform, by the deadline 24th March 2019, midnight (CET).
Please be aware that applications will be revised on a rolling basis, thus we strongly encourage candidates to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted will be contacted and called for an interview. If you have any questions, please write to us via email address email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.undp.org.