Dalberg Media is looking for impact consultants!
We are looking for top-performing, innovative and committed consultants with a passion to influence the global development agenda. Our new team members will help to support and grow Dalberg Media’s project portfolio, spanning across a range of areas and clients, such as governments, ministries, international corporations, global foundations and civil society initiatives.
About Dalberg Media
Dalberg Media was established in 2015. We are a mission driven media consultancy aiming to increase awareness and mobilize partners and resources to the global development agenda. Through leveraging media and communication, we invent, launch and lead bold initiatives and innovative platforms that raise awareness, spark conversations and inspire action on global development, sustainability and climate change. Dalberg Media plays a leading role in convening stakeholders around the common vision of effecting action. We are doers and creators working in close cooperation with a global network of partners and organisations, including United Nation agencies, international foundations, large corporations, governments, NGOs and financial institutions. We are an executive partner in UNLEASH, the global innovation lab for the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and have also implemented several platform-driven initiatives, innovation labs and global idea meetings, as well as communication and branding initiatives in close cooperation with our clients.
Dalberg Media is part of Dalberg Group – a global consultancy working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world. Established in 2001 in New York, Dalberg now operates from + 25 locations around the globe, partnering with and serving communities, governments and companies by providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics and design services. In all our endeavours, we benefit from the global family of Dalberg businesses, including Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Capital, and Dalberg Research to bring in the expertise and skill required for any given project. Dalberg’s staff is empowered to start new programs, institute best practices, and develop traditions which will define the Dalberg experience for years to come. Our people are the strongest asset of our organization and the foundation for success.
About the position
Our consultants play leading roles in research and analysis as well as project conceptualization, initiation and management. Your responsibilities will quickly grow with performance. Previous project engagements span across designing and facilitating multi-stakeholder convenings in e.g. Singapore, New Delhi, Copenhagen, and San Francisco; producing creative content in print and online to amplify key messages on pressing global development issues; and creating and executing communication strategies for private and public clients. Across all projects, you will work closely with colleagues on all levels and interact directly with our clients and partners nationally and internationally. We prioritize your individual learning journey and will carefully nurture your professional growth via mentoring and tailored project work.
Your main tasks will include:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research and analysis on global development issues
- Outreach to and engage with private, public, and civil society partners within the sector
- Independently plan and execute workstreams within core projects
- Prepare pitch materials and project deliverables in various formats for internal and external use
- Conceptualize innovative ideas in close collaboration with project managers
- Participate in meeting activities and on-going dialogues with partners and clients
- Nurture and grow Dalberg Media’s project portfolio and network of partners and clients
You have a strong profile in global development, excellent analytical skills and an entrepreneurial mindset to help us ideate, create and implement projects. You are motivated by promoting the use of innovative thinking to advance sustainable development. You take a creative approach to problem solving and analysis and have strong methodological competencies to independently create and structure ideas and concepts. You have experience from working with stakeholders across sectors and/or geographies and possess a readiness to challenge established agendas to maximise social impact.
Our ideal candidate’s qualifications include:
- A master’s degree within Political Science, International Relations, Business, Development, Communications or a related field with an excellent academic record
- Min. 1 year’s work experience, ideally with experience from consulting or a related field
- Creative mindset and an ability to conceptualize, scope and build new initiatives
- Strong analytical and methodological competencies
- A passion for global development and innovation, typically evidenced by prior exposure to and experience with the field
- An ability to work independently and drive major workflows
- Experience with innovation processes and/or education is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Fluency in written and oral English
- Proficiency in French is desirable, but not a prerequisite
The position will be located in Copenhagen. Work-related traveling for shorter periods of time will likely be required.
Your application should include a resume, cover letter and university transcripts. We encourage you to send your application to Laura Werup on firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31, 2019.
We will review and shortlist applications and invite candidates for interviews on a rolling basis.
If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to reach out to Morten Nyegaard on email@example.com or +45 22 44 94 36.
Diversity is key to success!
At Dalberg, you will not leave behind a part of yourself when you come to work – whether it is how you identify, where you come from, the language you speak, the person you love, or the way you worship. No matter who you are, Dalberg is strict about providing equal employment opportunity and being an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or disability.
For more information, visit www.dalberg.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.