Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS mission is to expand the capacity of the UN system and its partners to implement peace building, humanitarian and development operations that matter for people in need. Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, UNOPS vision is to always satisfy partners with management services that meet world-class standards of quality, speed and cost effectiveness. By assisting UN organizations, international financial institutions, governments and other development partners, UNOPS makes significant, tangible contributions to results on the ground.
UNOPS employs more than 7000 personnel and on behalf of its partners creates thousands more work opportunities in local communities. With its headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark, a network of 3 regional offices and a further 25 operations and project centers, UNOPS oversees activities in more than 80 countries. UNOPS is committed to achieving a truly diverse workforce.
Globally, UNOPS is putting a strong focus on sustainability. This is translated in UNOPS Strategic Framework through the strengthening of key contribution goals such as Sustainable Infrastructure and Sustainable Procurement, taking into consideration cross cutting dimensions of national capacity building, social, economic and environmental sustainability. Within rapidly evolving local and international contexts, increasing national capacities and shifting needs identified in the region, UNOPS is steering its intervention strategy towards an agenda focusing on environmental issues, climate change, resilient infrastructure, and disaster risk reduction.
Background Information – Job-specific
Shared Service Center
The Shared Service Center (SSC) is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of essential corporate support services in support of all UNOPS operations in HQ and field office locations and the development and enhancement of policies, procedures and methods in corporate services to keep with current and best practices that best meet UNOPS business needs. Corporate services consist of administrative services, assets management, health and safety, and security.
The incumbents will become part of the Shared Service Center, HQ Admin Team, serving both internal UNOPS personnel as well as the different organizations that participate in the shared driving services in UN City.
There are currently 11 different organizations that use the shared driving services.
The position will support the HQ Admin Team with logistical tasks as well as support the full-time UN Driver during leave, driving outside core working hours, and during busy periods.
The incumbents will become part of a dynamic, efficient and dedicated team which serves the UNOPS Copenhagen office. This is a full time position.
The incumbent will have a direct reporting line to the HQ Office Manager.
The incumbent is required to carry out the following tasks and duties.
1. Logistical support
- Daily distribution of mail, packages, pouch, shipments etc. Liaise with the UN City mailroom in order to ensure a smooth and timely distribution of mail.
- Maintain the UNOPS coffee and tea solution by ordering coffee, ordering and distributing milk, ensure cleaning and maintenance of the machines and fridges where milk is stored. Liaise with the cleaning company and the coffee machine supplier to ensure that machines are up’n running.
- Take part in assisting the logistical preparation of meetings, conferences and other events
- Keep stockcount on stationaries and visible items, and place approved order with LTA suppliers to ensure an always up to date stock.
- to UNOPS private telephony subscriptionholders and be the link btw UNOPS personnel and supplier for data entry related to cancelling, and/or updating subscriptions using the selfservice Portal and direct contacts to supplier helpdesk.
- Daily check of the meetings rooms, weekly check of printer rooms and quaterly check of kitchenettes on UNOPS floors to ensure they are clean, stocked and fully functional.
- Monitor the shared common entry/exit inbox for people coming and leaving. Prepare and setup a complete office workstation by creating/revising name- and office tags, and preparing startup kit. Empty office desks when personnel is leaving.
- Assist administrative assistant on timely updating the floor plans.
- Assist administrative assistant in coordinating internal moves and handymen requests.
- Assist administrative assistant in connection with Circle K distribution of invoices and monthly statement.
- Adhoc support to the administrative assistants and Office Manager as requested.
2. Support driver
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items;
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities as required
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc. performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensure that the vehicle is kept clean
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes greasing, etc
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accident
- Abide by UN and local rules and ethics concerning safe driving and security procedures;
- Perform other duties as required by the office manager.
– Monitoring and Progress Controls
- Keep the vehicle clean, fueled and in good condition.
- Maintain travel log sheets as per UNOPS rules.
- Immediately report to Office Manager any damages/accidents/tickets to the vehicle or third party assets.
- Drivers are required to fully adhere to the rules and regulations of UNOPS and UNDSS and other statutory regulation in executing their day-to-day activities.
- Secondary school education qualifications is a requirement
- Having undergone a basic vehicle maintenance training is a requirement
- First aid certification is an asset
- Minimum of 3 years of professional driving experience is required; additional years of experience is an asset;
- Thorough knowledge of the Danish road rules and legislation is a requirement;
- Accident free driving for the past 5 years is a requirement;
- Driving experience with International NGO (INGO)s/UN Agencies is an added qualification;
- Knowledge of locations in Copenhagen is an asset;
- Experience in administrative support is an asset
- Knowledge of basic Google Sheets and Docs is an asset
- Discretion and courtesy is a requirement;
- Fluent in English and intermediate knowledge of Danish;
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.|
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract level: LICA-3
Contract duration: Temporary 6 months, with a possibility of extension depending on budget availability
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
To apply for this job please visit unfpa.org.