Background Information – Job-specific
The Finance Group (FG) is a critical and strategic business function in UNOPS and serves as an authoritative and integrated partner in the organization on strategic financial planning and budgeting, business strategy and practices, financial analysis and risk assessment, financial management services and long term organisational treasury and investments. As the steward of resources of a self-financing UN entity, FG is accountable for timely cost recovery and reporting to partners, maintaining the integrity and transparency of financial management of resources in accordance with the highest standards of ethics and organisational/international accountability framework and the accurate and transparent financial reporting to governing bodies, clients, partners and stakeholders.
The Reporting Analyst reports to the Head of Financial and Operations Performance Management and Reporting who provides broad supervision and guidance. The role is responsible for providing analysis to support results monitoring and reporting. This includes supporting financial reporting to donors and other stakeholders. The role is also responsible for contributing to UNOPS corporate reporting on results, as well as UNOPS substantive reporting, in close collaboration with the UNOPS Strategy Unit.
Summary of functions:
- Results analysis and reporting
- Corporate services and support
- Knowledge management and innovation
1. Results analysis and reporting
- Support the Team Lead on all aspects of UNOPS results based reporting, including providing analysis for the preparation of the annual report of the Executive Director to the Executive Board, in terms of data collection, quality assurance and analysis.
- Prepare quantitative and qualitative analysis to support performance management and decision making.
- Implement systems for results monitoring and reporting, internal and external.
- Provide analysis on the UNOPS Strategic Plan (SP) and associated Mid-Term Review (MTR) in the area of Results Based Management (RBM).
2. Corporate services and support
- Support the Team Lead in continuously improving UNOPS Quarterly Business Review process, including providing analysis to support performance discussions between Regional and HQ Directors and the Executive Office.
- Support senior management decision making by providing quality analysis of UNOPS performance, financial- and non-financial.
3. Knowledge management and innovation
- Constantly monitor and evaluate policies, procedures, methods, tools and associated systems to ensure its utility, applicability and efficacy.
- Assist in the development of new policies and procedures and introduce innovation and best practices in business operations to enhance services.
- Assist in refining processes to maximise the benefits of management information system to enhance efficiency and facilitate organisational/management monitoring, oversight and reporting.
- Implement training events and design/set training agenda to build capacity of stakeholders on results management, analysis and reporting.
- An Advanced university degree (Master’s or equivalent) in finance, accounting, business administration, economics or other related financial field is required.
- A First-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in combination with additional 2 years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in financial analysis and reporting in a large international organisation or business corporation is required.
- Some experience in UN system organisations an asset.
- Full working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
|Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion.|
|Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles.|
|Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role).|
|Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries.|
|Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements.|
|Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.|
|Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.|
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: International Individual Contractor Agreement Contract level: IICA1 (ICS 9)
Contract duration: 1 year (maternity cover)
*** The vacancy is a maternity cover for 1 year with an expected start date of 19th August
For more details about the ICA contractual modality, please follow this link:
- Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
- Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
- For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
- The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
It is the policy of UNOPS to conduct background checks on all potential recruits/interns. Recruitment/internship in UNOPS is contingent on the results of such checks.
Background Information – UNOPS
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.unops.org.