Do you want to join an industry-leading team and support our ambition of enhancing our analytics of drive train component wear conditions?
Join us and become our new Intern in our Diagnostics team in Offshore Operations where you’ll assist in expanding our existing setup for our vibration condition monitoring of turbine drive trains. You’ll be a part of our team of twelwe highly skilled colleagues, who work in close collaboration with the frontline operations and our IT team to deliver the best analytics and advice to optimise the daily operations of our offshore portfolio of turbines.
You’ll be assigned mentors in the team to ensure a strong and fast development of your technical and analytical skillset.
Your key tasks will be to
- assist with data analysis of component wear conditions and Remaining Useful Lifetime (RUL)
- prepare data sets for fault categorisations
- assist with development algorithms for RUL estimations
- assist with development of user applications for categorisation of wear conditions based on the developed algorithms.
You’ll structure and analyse data sets related to various failure modes of the wind turbine drive train. The main purpose will be to create methods and user applications to improve estimates on the RUL of drive train components. The main data sources will be vibration and temperature data. You’ll also have the opportunity to assist with the daily monitoring and analysis of vibration alarms.
Your competences include that you
- currently study electrical or mechanical engineering or similar at a Danish university
- are familiar with programming and databases, preferably Python and SQL
- have a keen interest in programming, data analysis and IT tools
- have a positive attitude and strong drive and are eager to learn
- are analytical and can see and understand issues from different customer perspectives.
In addition, you speak and write English fluently.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 23 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. The internship will ideally start in mid-August or start September 2019.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jacob Juhl Christensen, Senior Condition Monitoring Specialist in Diagnostics, by telephone on +45 99 55 86 16 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that the internship is temporary. You’ll work approximately 37 hours a week.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,000 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,300 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.
To apply for this job please visit candidate.hr-manager.net.