Join us and become Design-Thinking Specialist in the UX Design Team where you’ll be responsible for internalising and maturing a Design-Thinking practice which we’ve identified as a key to our Digitalisation Vision. The organisation has a declared ambition of setting new standards for the customer experience in the renewable energy sector. To achieve that, we’re well underway building our enterprise UX and Design-Thinking team in Denmark, where we live out our passion for customer experience, product and service innovation and design with the end user in mind. In this role, you’ll facilitate digital design thinking at a broad level, including user-centric product definition projects, bringing the user into business innovation projects and providing a user focus for technology innovation projects.
Your key tasks will be to
- work in cross-functional agile projects, supported by your UX and Design-Thinking colleagues
- collaborate with all our company business and development areas to facilitate, define and roll out a new level of user centricity and help define new digital experiences while tying strong links from UX Design to the rest of the organisation
- act as the ‘voice of the customer and the user’ within the project teams and agile release trains, ensuring appropriate research and design support for the business solutions
- plan, conduct and lead client design sprints, workshops and project meetings
- develop new effective and simplified design-thinking tools for the renewable energy sector.
Furthermore, you’ll conduct user research, including various forms of in-person and remote research and validation, and you’ll advise clients of current UX/DT methodologies, while maintaining flexibility and adapting to their methods. The work targets all of the organisation’s markets across the world.
Your competences include that you
- have extensive professional experience in the design-thinking field
- have demonstrated significant hands-on skills within planning, organising and implementing design sprints in cross-functional enterprise teams
- have a master’s degree or similar in design, business innovation or in the technical field
- have demonstrated that you can take ownership, driving understanding and delivering solutions that exceed expectations with strong storytelling skills
- have strong skills within the digital user-centric design areas, including user journeys, user stories, wireframes, storyboards, sitemaps and screen flows.
Moreover, you consistently pay attention to detail in your deliverables and display confidence in your ability to present and clearly articulate your design decisions. Finally, you have strong relationship skills with stakeholders at all levels, speak and write English fluently and thrive in an international environment.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application, including a portfolio of relevant work, to us as soon as possible and no later than 21 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael McKay, Head of UX, by telephone on +45 99 55 58 92 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,000 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers. Ørsted IT delivers professional, stable business solutions and drives the digital transformation of the Ørsted group. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.
To apply for this job please visit candidate.hr-manager.net.