Would you like to take part in developing new offshore wind farm projects by supporting the Geophysical Assessments team?
Join us and become Student Assistant in our Site Investigation Management department where you’ll influence decisions and handle tasks on your own, thereby contributing with your knowledge and expertise. You’ll be part of a large group of committed geophysicists, geologists, hydrographic surveyors, scour engineers and project managers. In the department, we strive for a high degree of professionalism when planning and conducting our surveys, interpretations and engineering work.
You’ll be working in the Geophysics & Seabed Surveys group, where you’ll join the newly established Geophysical Assessments team, initially working closely together with our data engineer and eventually the geophysicists.
Your key tasks will be to
- commence data mining and populate metadata in the future overview of all relevant geophysical site data
- support in aligning data standards and clean-up of legacy projects
- support internal IT, Software & Data Management and data deliveries to internal and external stakeholders
- assess geophysical data from offshore wind farm sites and export cable routes during project development
- integrate and prepare different geophysical data sets (e.g. UHRS, SBP, MBES and SSS data) in future global reference projects.
You may also support ongoing geophysical development initiatives related to both maturing internal processes as well as technical development of processing and interpretation work.
Your competences include that you
- are currently undertaking a relevant degree in earth sciences
- potentially have some experience with geophysical methods related to site investigation
- have some interest in solving IT-related challenges
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently and have excellent communication skills, enabling you to convey your messages to your stakeholders smoothly and efficiently.
Furthermore, you’re motivated by technical challenges and a highly dynamic workplace. Preferably, you enjoy working with database setup and automated coding languages (i.e. Python, Matlab, etc.) or are willing to learn.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 28 July 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For questions related to onboarding in the Geophysics & Seabed Surveys group and working in the Site Investigation Management department, please contact Simon Hviid, Manager, Geophysics & Seabed Surveys, by telephone on +45 99 55 77 98. For questions related to the initial tasks and competences, please contact Thomas Christian Vang, Data Engineer, Geophysical Assessments, by telephone on +45 99 55 62 86.
The position is part-time, and you’ll work approximately 10-20 hours a week with a minimum workload of two days a week at your own choosing, but can be made flexible depending on exams and other university demands.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,000 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,300 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.
To apply for this job please visit candidate.hr-manager.net.