Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Sustainability Management at the Department of Management, Society and Communication.
MSC brings together scholars from a range of research areas within management, communication and the broader social sciences and humanities, studying organisations in global environments and the interaction and interdependencies of business, society and government.
MSC is a significant supplier of research based teaching to a broad portfolio of programmes, which includes undergraduate, graduate and doctoral teaching and supervision as well as executive education in the fields of:
- (Responsible) Management/Leadership/Governance
- Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, including Consumer Studies
- Business and Development (with an emphasis on the emerging/growth economies context dimension as well as (social) entrepreneurship & innovation)
- Organisational Communication (Corporate Communication, Strategic Communication, Leadership Communication, Marketing Communication, International Business Communication)
Examples of research areas that the associate professor might cover:
- Interdisciplinary social science research on the dynamics of clean technology innovation
- Systemic analysis of sustainability transitions
- Environmental impacts of business operations
- Business and sustainable development in developing country contexts
The Associate Professorship is a permanent position with research and teaching obligations.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programmes, including Executive Education
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The associate professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognised journals
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Dorte Salskov-Iversen, tel.: +45 38153181, e-mail email@example.com. Information about the department may be found at https://www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-management-society-and-communication.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Deadline for application is 24 February 2019
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration).
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist a minimum of two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
Closing date: 24 February 2019.
To apply for this job please visit www.cbs.dk.