Do you want to join one of renewable energy’s largest and most active corporate M&A teams?
Join us and become our new Financial Analyst in the M&A Valuation and Structuring team where you’ll play a key role in an array of M&A activities, working closely with both internal and external stakeholders, including financial advisors, lawyers, auditors and tax advisers, and where you’ll gain exposure to the company’s senior management. Our team enjoys a key role in our M&A and partnership transactions, which include project acquisitions and divestments, establishment of equity partnerships and structuring of financial products. The deal size typically varies from anywhere between GBP 20m to GBP 2bn/DKK 200m to DKK 20bn, counting some of the world’s largest M&A transactions within offshore wind.
Your key tasks will be to
- perform valuations of renewable energy projects for acquisition or divestment
- provide relevant financial analyses of M&A projects to support informed management decisions
- develop, maintain and operate business cases and valuation models for our M&A projects
- ensure high-quality deliverables on time
- contribute to and participate in cross-functional and corporate development projects.
Furthermore, you’ll gather and discuss valuation input with tax, accounting and structuring advisers as well as preparing for deal negotiations with deal team consultants and internal management. You’ll prepare decision material and recommendations for senior management, executives and the Board of Directors.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in finance, economics or similar, where you’ve consistently proved top-tier performance
- are newly graduated or have a few years of experience from a similar position in a large group, a consultancy company or from investment banking, where you’ve gained hands-on experience with M&A projects, performed valuations and managed complex processes
- are proficient in and willing to work with discounted cash flow valuation, tax and accounting
- are a highly proficient user of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and speak and write English fluently
- have a basic understanding of market drivers, regulatory regimes and accounting standards – or are willing to learn.
As a person, you have strong communication skills, enabling you to present your results professionally to your business partners. You work systematically, show responsibility and are able to deliver high-quality solutions. In addition, you have a results-oriented and value-adding approach to your work and a flair for working with complicated analytical challenges. Moreover, you’re able to create results through teamwork and develop good relationships with your colleagues and stakeholders. Finally, you’re prepared to work intensively during busy periods.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 1 October 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don’t hesitate to contact Bo Bønløkke Eriksen, Head of M&A Valuation and Structuring, by telephone on +45 99 55 82 10 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
All UK based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 5,800 employees develop, construct and operate offshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers. In Ørsted Finance, we support the business in making optimal decisions and ensure healthy and proper financial management. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.
To apply for this job please visit candidate.hr-manager.net.