Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a Research Assistant (videnskabelig assistent) position with a focus on blended learning at the Department of International Economics, Government and Business (EGB). The research assistant position is temporary, 6 to 12 months, depending on the profile and availability of the candidate(s). The starting date is as soon as possible and it is a full time position.
Core research areas of the Department of International Economics, Government and Business bring together the study of states, markets, and international firms in the context of the challenges faced by emerging and advanced economies. EGB’s research is based on international business, economics, and politics, and is of direct relevance to business, policy-makers and scholars. Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching in the programmes International Business, International Business and Politics, and International Business in Asia. To learn more about the research and education of the department, please visit the departmental homepage here.
The candidate chosen should:
- Be familiar with the options and choices offered by different forms of blended learning
- Design and develop training materials/courses to support faculty training in blended and online course delivery in an independent manner
- Liaise between academic staff and technical support workers
- ‘Translate’ academic ideas and themes into interactive forms of blended learning
- Work with individual members of staff on particular courses and groups
- Maintain a close relationship with the teaching programmes associated with EGB (including, for example, attendance at study board meetings
- Organise ‘focus groups’ with students on the programmes associated with EGB so as to gauge interest in, and responsiveness to, different blended learning approaches
The candidate should possess a Master´s degree or equivalent qualifications and have a professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Teaching experience, including experience with blended learning and/or a PhD degree within the research areas of the department would be an advantage.
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Danish Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
For further information please contact Head of Secretariat Anne Suhr, tel.: +45 38155812, e-mail email@example.com.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications, information on teaching experience, and a full CV.
- If relevant: Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
The Recruitment Committee expects to shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
Applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Application must be sent via the online recruitment system, using the link below.
Closing date: 28 February 2019.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
Closing date: 28 February 2019.
To apply for this job please visit www.cbs.dk.