We are looking for a senior supply-chain finance leader who can understand complex business cases based on detailed analysis from various stakeholders. You will be based in our headquarters in Kolding and report directly to the Director, Finance Supply Chain. Role Summary:
We are looking for a senior supply-chain finance leader who can understand complex business cases based on detailed analysis from various stakeholders. You will be based in our headquarters in Kolding and report directly to the Director, Finance Supply Chain.
In the role as senior Business controller, your responsibility will be to control and lead global capex investments, partnering with regional and local teams as well as be the business controller for the plant in Denmark.
As capex and working capital supply-chain finance leader you will work in a cross functional role between regional and local teams. Your tasks will be to make performance controlling of capex projects costs by understanding, reviewing, analyzing and highlighting the main objective of the project. You will give support to the Director Operations Finance by validating capex business cases, you will make post analyses of capex projects, and cash analyses of the capex projects.
You will analyze working capital and be an active sparring partner for working capital forecasts. In addition, you will be responsible for overall financial activities in the local plant in Denmark supported with a shared service center in Budapest, which takes care of the daily accounting (AR, AP, invoice workflow, payments, receipts, general ledger postings, VAT etc.).
Cost control and analysis:
– Secure full visibility on costs by blade type / project
– Support and challenge local management on financial reporting
– Check monthly compliance of actual costs versus budget/forecast
– Management Reporting in Cognos & excel (LM Wind Power Group and local management)
– Identify areas of cost improvements and monitor progress on these
Gross margin analysis
– Secure full visibility on costs (direct material & labor) by blade type / project
– Secure full visibility on prototype project financials (full P&L by project)
Cash & Capex:
– Short term and long term forecasting
– Push key accounts to secure timely receipt of payments from customers, reporting to group on progress.
– Inventory control by monitoring WIP, FG and Raw material levels on regular basis, and challenge the organization to keep level to the optimum level.
– Control all capital expenditure to secure proper documentation and approvals are in place prior to initiating projects.
– Further drive and secure status reporting on capex projects are prepared by the capex-owner in the ASV organization.
– Ensure capex approvals are respected and deviations are reported to management by the capex-owner.
Optimize awareness on spending
– Weekly/monthly monitoring of cost/expenses with report to Management vs. budget/forecast
– Challenge entire management team and organization on cost level, to ensure effective cost control and optimize financial situation
– Reporting to management team on findings and areas suggested for improvement.
– Full control of the balance sheet for ASV
– Analytical review of the month end financials with explanation for all deviances compared to forecast/budget.
– Manage the closing, and control the process including agreements for closure with the shared service center controller and manager.
– Present and discuss the monthly financials with the plant manager
– Finalize and close the monthly financials and upload figures in Cognos
– Prepare and present the financials to Group.
Annual Financial Audits:
– Work together with the financial management and the head of accounting to close the external financial audits carried out during the year.
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business or equivalent knowledge or experience
– Major experience within finance
– Strong analytical, and presentation skills
– Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and ability to work cross functionally
– Fluency in English
– Strong influencing skills and ability to drive project execution at different levels of the organization
– Experience working in a global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
– Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function; able to quickly grasp new ideas
– Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions
– Confidence / Assertiveness: possess influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position
– Adaptable / flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy Business, is a world leading designer and manufacturer of rotor blades for wind turbines, with a global manufacturing footprint that includes blade factories in Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, India, Poland, Spain, France, Turkey and the United States. The company has produced more than 215,000 blades since 1978, corresponding to more than 102 GW installed capacity and global savings of 212 million metric tons of CO2 annually. In 2018, LM Wind Power became the first carbon neutral business in the wind industry.
Follow us at www.lmwindpower.com or on twitter @lmwindpower
If you are the right candidate APPLY HERE as soon as possible
GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us at www.ge.com/renewableenergy, on www.linkedin.com/company/gerenewableenergy, or on www.twitter.com/GErenewables
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.