You will, via platform thinking and integration, lead the conceptualization, system-design and production of solutions for large composite structures manufacturing processes. Moreover, through your project team and colleagues, you will lead the validation and implementation of the manufacturing solution on site with the use of proven and agile methodologies. Essential Responsibilities:
You will participate in early development phases, technology roadmap definition and strategic discussions regarding the future of blade manufacturing.
Key responsibilities include:
– Lead projects for complete systems design for our key manufacturing processes (i.e. infusion, non-destructive testing, blade finishing, blades handling and lifting systems, bonding and resin application, etc),
– Design, document and source the key components for the mechanical and mechatronic aspects of a specific process,
– Contribute, create, manage and control documentation for the equipment delivery – spare-part lists, input to training material, general maintenance documents,
– Explore and define new alternatives within the field of equipment based on manufacturing process requirements,
– Collaborate closely both with our Engineering group to understand their requirements and with our plants to develop and implement solutions that are feasible in the production.
– Minimum a bachelor’s in mechanical, aerospace or similar with 5-8 years’ experience in design and application of Blade manufacturing solutions,
– You have experience in practical and field applications of relevant composite manufacturing, and have designed systems for industrial applications,
– You have led projects for complete systems design, including the integration with factories,
– Ideally, you have worked with some suppliers of equipment for similar kind of equipment.
– As an individual, you are self-driven, and outcome-focused. You collaborate well with others, also across cultures. You are curious about how to integrate new in the field, understand industry 4.0, and can think strategically and practically about your solutions to turn innovation into realistic solutions for our plants.
If you are the right candidate APPLY HERE as soon as possible
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy Business, is a world leading designer and manufacturer of rotor blades for wind turbines, with a global manufacturing footprint that includes blade factories in Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, India, Poland, Spain, France, Turkey and the United States. The company has produced more than 215,000 blades since 1978, corresponding to more than 102 GW installed capacity and global savings of 212 million metric tons of CO2 annually. In 2018, LM Wind Power became the first carbon neutral business in the wind industry.
Follow us at www.lmwindpower.com or on twitter @lmwindpower
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.