LM Wind Power is looking for a talented, flexible and committed materials engineer to work within materials technology for wind turbine blades.We are strengthening our team in the Materials Technology department by establishing a new position as Process Materials engineer Essential Responsibilities:
As our new Process Materials expert, you will be driving innovation in process material technology by developing and anchoring advanced solutions. You thrive working cross functionally within engineering, Procurement and Quality. You will be the technical lead finding and investigating new products and technologies on the market in direct communication with suppliers.
You will play a key role in delivering state-of-the-art process materials and technologies at LM. Your main role is to distill and capture the critical characteristics of process materials in all stages of manufacturing and in their various applications. Together with a cross-functional team you are the type of person that seeks to optimize the balance between three key business aspects of quality, cost and performance through evaluation, testing, documentation and implementation.
You can expect to spend time in our factories and with our laboratory technicians to evaluate materials and components and develop test methods. You will be involved or lead plant trials and the global implementation of the new technology or improvements. You will also be involved in general quality improvement in the factories, where a hands-on approach is key.
As Materials Engineer, you will:
– Capture and communicate the critical characteristics of process materials
– Collaborate with Process designers, Production and Supply chain colleagues
– Provide input towards the global strategy for process materials
– Contribute to and execute the departmental material development strategy to support the product platforms and technology road map
– Engineer background with manufacturing experience and a mind for business:
– You have some years of practical experience with manufacturing processes of composite products, and now you are ready to take it to the next level. You will apply your knowledge towards establishing a robust supply chain for process materials.
Most importantly, you have a global mindset and a relentless drive towards striking the optimum balance between cost, quality and performance. You are an excellent communicator between functions and cultures that works well across departments and time zones.
– Are flexible, energetic, curious and outgoing
– Have an analytical/scientific mindset combined with a pragmatic hands-on mentality
– Hold a degree within mechanical engineering or polymer chemistry and has experience with manufacturing
– Have experience with process material characterization and testing
– Understanding and apply lean six sigma principles
As a person, you are a dedicated team player, who gets things done. You can work independently in a structured way and deliver on tasks. English is our corporate language, and we expect that you have good communication skills in written and spoken English.
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy Business, is a world leading designer and manufacturer of rotor blades for wind turbines, with a global manufacturing footprint that includes blade factories in Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, India, Poland, Spain, France, Turkey and the United States. The company has produced more than 215,000 blades since 1978, corresponding to more than 102 GW installed capacity and global savings of 212 million metric tons of CO2 annually. In 2018, LM Wind Power became the first carbon neutral business in the wind industry.
Follow us at www.lmwindpower.com or on twitter @lmwindpower
GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us at www.ge.com/renewableenergy, on www.linkedin.com/company/gerenewableenergy, or on www.twitter.com/GErenewables
If you are the right candidate APPLY HERE as soon as possible
To apply for this job please visit jobs.gecareers.com.