You will be working closely together with Technology & Development and Material & Process Engineering to set up test programs and execute them. You will also be developing new test methods for characterization of materials and validation of new technologies and repair methods. Within some of these areas; carbon, epoxies, pultrusion’s, glass fiber, coat, paint, adhesives, resin systems, styrene, thermo plastic and more.
– Development of robust methodologies to test and qualify Polymer Matrix composites
– Owns development of new test methods aimed at de-risking structural components / projects and carry out Root Cause Analysis’s independently to solve an issue
– Owns development of new manufacturing methods test samples
– Planning & execution of internal and external testing activities as per customer needs and to agreed timeline
– Collaboration with various internal stakeholders such as Materials & Process, New Technology Introduction Projects team etc.
– Contribute to and execute departmental development strategy
– Create test reports and approve test results, create methods validation report
– Create manufacturing or testing instructions
– Bachelor’s Degree or higher within Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar
– You have experience working with in materials, test methods, specification and analysis techniques
– Knowledge of composite materials is desirable, as well as knowledge of composites manufacturing processes also would be beneficial
– Preferable experience working in laboratory and workshop/shopfloor
– Have experienced in Mechanical testing and fracture mechanics, preferably of composite materials and/or experienced in Chemical testing, thermal testing (DSC, Rheology etc.)
– Has experience in Polymer Matrix Composite characterization (CFRP’s, pultrusion’s etc.)
– Knowledge of LEAN and Six Sigma methodology
– Knowledge of ISO 17025/ ISO 9001
– Interest or basic knowledge of CAD-Design software (e.g. Solidworks, Autocad…), Programming (e.g. Phyton)
– Dedicated team player, Collaborative mindset
– Capability to working in multi-cultural teams
– Good communication skills in English language (written and oral)
– Pro-active team player who transmits energy and enthusiasm
– Self-motivation, able to manage your work well, driving forward success
– Enthusiasm for the Wind industry
-Accountable and responsible for your own work
Additional information :
– Travel time op to 10%
– Main location is in Lunderskov and you must be able to spend most days in Lunderskov when not travelling
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy Business, is a world leading designer and manufacturer of rotor blades for wind turbines, with a global manufacturing footprint that includes blade factories in Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, India, Poland, Spain, France, Turkey and the United States. The company has produced more than 215,000 blades since 1978, corresponding to more than 102 GW installed capacity and global savings of 212 million metric tons of CO2 annually. In 2018, LM Wind Power became the first carbon neutral business in the wind industry.
Follow us at www.lmwindpower.com or on twitter @lmwindpower
If you are the right candidate APPLY HERE as soon as possible.
GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us at www.ge.com/renewableenergy, on www.linkedin.com/company/gerenewableenergy, or on www.twitter.com/GErenewables
To apply for this job please visit www.lmwindpower.com.