You will be developing our sandwich core technology base by collaborating with our blade designers and others. You will be the technical lead finding and evaluating new products and technologies on the market in direct communication with suppliers.
You will play a key role in the development, qualification and implementation of new sandwich core technologies. Your main role is to understand and communicate the critical aspects of sandwich core materials in all stages of manufacturing and in their various applications. Together with a cross-functional team you are the type of person that seeks to optimize the balance between three key business aspects of quality, cost and performance through evaluation, testing, documentation and implementation.
You can expect to spend time with our laboratory technicians to develop components, and test methods. You will be involved or even lead factory trials and the global implementation of the new technology or improvements. You will also be involved in general quality improvement in the factories, where a hands-on mentality is key.
Join forces to execute a strategy for sandwich core materials
As our new colleague, you will:
• Grow a network of colleagues that will help you find and anchor incremental and step changes in core materials technology
• Enable competitive advantages for LM and our customers through novel core material advances
• Identify and describe the key material properties of core materials through deep understanding of core material applications and associated risks
• Contribute to and execute the departmental material development strategy to support the product platforms and technology roadmap
The ideal candidate :
• Has a mechanical engineering degree combined with 5+ years of manufacturing experience and wind turbine design knowledge
• Has experience with sandwich core material characterization and testing
• Has a global perspective and always drives towards striking an optimum balance between cost, quality and performance
• Is an excellent communicator between functions and cultures that works well across departments and time zones
• Is flexible, energetic, curious and outgoing
• Is a dedicated team player
• Has an analytical/scientific mindset combined with a pragmatic hands-on mentality
• Lean six sigma certification is an advantage
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy Business, is a world leading designer and manufacturer of rotor blades for wind turbines, with a global manufacturing footprint that includes blade factories in Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, India, Poland, Spain, France, Turkey and the United States. The company has produced more than 215,000 blades since 1978, corresponding to more than 102 GW installed capacity and global savings of 212 million metric tons of CO2 annually. In 2018, LM Wind Power became the first carbon neutral business in the wind industry.
Follow us at www.lmwindpower.com or on twitter @lmwindpower
GE Renewable Energy is a $15 billion business which combines one of the broadest portfolios in the renewable energy industry to provide end-to-end solutions for our customers demanding reliable and affordable green power. Combining onshore and offshore wind, blades, hydro, storage, utility-scale solar, and grid solutions as well as hybrid renewables and digital services offerings, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts of clean renewable energy and equipped more than 90 percent of utilities worldwide with its grid solutions. With nearly 40,000 employees present in more than 80 countries, GE Renewable Energy creates value for customers seeking to power the world with affordable, reliable and sustainable green electrons.
Follow us at www.ge.com/renewableenergy, on www.linkedin.com/company/gerenewableenergy, or on www.twitter.com/GErenewables
If you are the right candidate APPLY HERE as soon as possible
To apply for this job please visit www.lmwindpower.com.