Would you like to drive technology development projects that will help us move forward within offshore wind?
Join us and become Project Lead in the Technology Development Project Management department where you, along with your colleagues, will be responsible for setting up and driving projects, work packages and tasks related mainly to research, technology and technical developments. Our projects cover multiple technical areas, and you’ll work in a cross-organisational setup with senior management, technical and operational experts and our financial functions.
Your key tasks will be to
- participate in the scoping and maturation of project ideas and proposals
- act as project manager or work-stream lead on selected technology projects, including budget responsibility
- work with technical specialists on technology development tasks related to external stakeholders
- facilitate and perform R&D/technology strategy work and deep dives
- solve administrative and portfolio management tasks in relation to project management.
Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for key deliverables in technology development and engineering tools projects in a wide range of technical disciplines as well as for maturing our processes.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree (or PhD) in a relevant field, such as engineering, natural sciences or possibly business administration
- have some experience with project management, preferably related to research and development or technology management
- have a keen interest in R&D and understand/appreciate both technology development and the project management toolbox
- have excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a dynamic environment and with a large group of stakeholders.
- preferably have experience with publicly funded R&D projects and knowledge of wind turbines.
Furthermore, you’re open to collaboration and teamwork as you’ll work alongside experts from the functional areas of offshore wind energy. As we operate in a highly international environment and cooperate closely with our colleagues abroad, it’s essential that you speak and write English fluently.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 6 April 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. We hope to have you start in June 2020.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Tobias Ruby, Manager of Technology Development Project Management, Offshore R&D, by telephone on +45 99 55 96 42 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work depending on the project responsibilities you will have.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,500 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, solar farms and energy storage facilities, bioenergy plants and provide energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,700 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.
To apply for this job please visit orsted.com.