UNICEF Supply Division in Copenhagen is seeking a dedicated Technical Associate to assist in reviewing technical aspects of the procurement.
Technical Associate (GS-6 level)
Water, Sanitation and Education Centre, UNICEF Supply Division
Would you like to be part of a team, who is continuously searching for new technologies, innovative ways of working and improving processes? UNICEF Supply Division in Copenhagen is seeking a highly motivated individual who will assist in reviewing technical aspects of the procurement.
For Every Child…Commitment
The unit’s work is focusing on Water, Sanitation and Hygiene commodities, providing support to UNICEF’s Supply Division, Regional and Country Offices and collaborating with other Divisions, UN agencies and external partners. The position with this Job Profile provides technical expertise on a timely manner to support local and off-share procurement, is managing the supplier database, evaluating offers and assisting the contracting team before placing the order.
How Can You Make a Difference?
Under the supervision and technical guidance of the Technical Manager, the Technical Associate establishes technical standards and guidelines for key programmatic commodities purchased by UNICEF., support the team on new technology, new product reviews, develop supplier lists for tenders.
- Drafts and prepares product specifications on basis of existing documentation, directives and customer requirements.
- Assist in the review and finalization of specification of items requested by the country offices by obtaining all necessary clarifications.
- Ensures that all product specifications are kept up to date in the material master. Proposes creations and amendments to materials within the range of commodities under their responsibility directly in the material master database.
- Prepares lists of potential pre-qualified suppliers for requisitions and forwards it to the Contracting Centre for purchasing action.
- Assist in the review of the offers received from the suppliers to ensure that they are technically complaint advise the Technical Officer accordingly and draft Technical Evaluation Reports.
- Requesting support for QAC on sample evaluation.
- Administers market research. Maintains database of pre-qualified suppliers. Contacts and follows up new sources directly or through trade agencies or professional and technical organisations. Extracts, indexes or records information from catalogues, price lists, etc. and analyses against current purchasing data.
- Assists in monitoring product performance, technical suitability appropriateness and durability on basis of information collected from country offices.
- Assists in research and cataloguing of new products. Keeps abreast of programme requirements and prepares technical bulletins for publication
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To qualify as a Champion for every Child you will have…
- Valid work permit and residency in Denmark at the time of submitting the application. Note that the selected candidate is responsible for obtaining any required extension of their residence permit as such an extension cannot be dependent on an employment with UNICEF.
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by Technical or University level courses in Engineering (if possible within Water, Sanitation and Hygiene)
- Minimum six years relevant working experience, preferably in a commercial, technical, industrial, or public sector organisation with at least 2 years in procurement capacity.
- Ability to understand context of technical terms and language in item specifications, data sheets, drawings etc. (in the related technical area such as Household Filters, Chlorine Tablets, Menstrual Hygiene Management, Hygiene products, Water container etc)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in another UN language
- Good people skills to integrate in the team and create good rapport with Country Office and other partners.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results. In addition, the following functional competencies will be required for these positions:
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Planning and Organizing
- Following Instructions & Procedures
To view our competency framework, please click here: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/UNICEF_Competencies.pdf
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply.
The closing date is 26th of September 2019. Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF’s online recruiting system. You can apply to the above position by creating your profile, and application at our web site: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index.php. Kindly note that all applications should be in English and that applications outside of the online recruiting system will not be accepted. Kindly also note that diversity and gender balance are factors in the selection process. Queries can be directed to Lilia Winkel-Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at www.unicef.org/supply/
To apply for this job please visit www.unicef.org.