Investeringsfonden for udviklingslande
IFU offers a unique opportunity to work with investments supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals and creating sustainable development in developing countries.
IFU increases its investments in financial institutions in developing countries with a primary focus on banks with a strategy based on financial inclusion and small/medium-sized companies.
As our Investment Director you will strengthen IFU’s possibilities of carrying out investments in financial institutions to support sustainable development in the surrounding society and ensure good returns. The process of identifying, deciding and carrying out new investments will primarily be done in cooperation with IFU’s regional investment teams and the Vice President, Finance Sector.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Identify and qualify investment opportunities in financial institutions in developing countries
- Carry out/manage due diligence of investment opportunities
- Develop and negotiate good financing solutions for the parties
- Prepare decision papers on potential investments and present to the investment committee.
- Negotiate and close the agreement with the investment parties
- Manage an investment portfolio, including board-related work
- Contribute to developing and maintaining partner and adviser networks
- Contribute to developing IFU’s strategy and operational guidelines for investments in financial institutions
What we expect from the ideal candidate:
- At least 5-10 years of work experience from a financial institution, preferably a retail bank or development finance institution
- Experience in investments in financial institutions and knowledge of valuation of banks
- Business development oriented and able to see opportunities
- Management experience from a bank, including experience with credit and handling of risks and non-performing loans and assets, compliance with laws and regulations and good corporate governance in financial institutions
- Knowledge of developing countries, preferably from working in developing countries
- Fluent in English and strong knowledge of Danish. French would be an advantage
This position is based at IFU’s head office in Fredericiagade 27, 1310 Copenhagen K. You should expect some travelling in relation to your work. For more information on IFU, please visit www.ifu.dk
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The recruitment process will be carried out by BackerSkeie. If you would like to know more about the position, please feel free to contact Partner Carsten Hønberg, tel +45 4090 4647. We will be conducting interviews on an ongoing basis.
IFU is an independent government-owned fund offering advisory services and risk capital to Danish and international partners wishing to do business in developing countries. IFU makes investments on commercial term by committing equity capital and loans to project companies. The purpose is to contribute to economic and social development in the investment countries. IFU manages commercial funds through capital from IFU and institutional investors – the Danish SDG Investment Fund, established in 2018, of approx. DKK 5bn being the newest fund. Currently IFU manages DKK 11.7bn. IFU has a long-term investment horizon and invests directly in the company that is established in the investment country. IFU’s agreements total an amount of approx. DKK 20bn in more than 100 developing countries in both Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe. For more information www.ifu.dk
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.