Would you like to take up the challenge of assessing the technical risks associated with implementing cutting-edge technologies for wind turbines?
Join us and become Senior or Lead Technical Risk Specialist in the Wind Turbines Risk & Technology Assessment team where you’ll lead the application and development of the Group’s technical risk assessment framework for wind turbines and related technology. You’ll be responsible for collating and analysing the information necessary for a robust and fact-based understanding of the technology risks associated with new wind turbines and new suppliers and for facilitating a clear communication towards senior management.
You’ll join a team of skilled engineers primarily focusing on driving and facilitating the evaluation of technical risks and readiness of new wind turbines, ensuring that they can be installed and operated safely and that they’ll meet the business case throughout their lifecycle.
Your key tasks will be to
- facilitate and execute risk analysis and evaluation consistently, according to defined process and using appropriate tools
- support and advise the specialists and scope managers on risk assessment in technology qualification projects
- be involved in the development of risk assessment processes and tools across the team and promote the integration across WTG Engineering.
Moreover, you’ll take part in the continual improvement of the department’s competences within technology evaluation, system reliability prediction, manufacturing and risk-based quality assessment.
Your competences include that you
- have an MSc or PhD degree in engineering or similar
- have proven experience within technology development, product lifecycle management and/or technical risk management, preferably within wind power
- have experience in facilitating and executing qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, evaluation, communication and management processes
- have knowledge of risk analysis methods such as bow-tie, barrier diagrams, HAZID, FMEA, probability analysis, Monte Carlo simulation and uncertainty quantification
- are able to clearly communicate technical risks associated with a system design in terms of safety, manufacturability, operability and maintainability.
Furthermore, you speak and write English fluently and have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks. You thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders. Additionally, you’re proactive in maintaining the competence level required for the job through continuous knowledge advancement and the engagement of a network of professional peers.
Knowledge of product quality management concepts such as APQP/PPAP is preferable.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 24 November 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Pease don’t hesitate to contact Stefano Morosi, Manager of Risk & Technology Assessment, by telephone on +45 99 55 10 63 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6,300 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and provide energy products to its customers. Ørsted Offshore’s 2,300 employees have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we’re expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific. For more information on Ørsted, visit orsted.com.
To apply for this job please visit candidate.hr-manager.net.